Bad Girl Ventures
Last Updated: May 29, 2014
Site users can be categorized as students, candidates, volunteers, employees, or visitors. A student is anyone currently enrolled in the BGV program. A candidate is anyone who has submitted an application to be considered as a BGV finalist. A BGV employee shall be anyone employed by BGV. A BGV volunteer shall be anyone who provides volunteer services to BGV, including but not limited to Directors, mentors, and Selection Committee members. Anyone who merely browses the Site shall be considered a visitor. Because the information BGV receives from these various categories of users and how we handle it differs, users are advised to reference the section(s) of this policy that apply to them.
A. What information do we collect? BGV must collect certain information from you in order to customize the Site to meet your individual needs and to tailor the Services to you.
1) Your Personal Information.
a) Students and Candidates. Personal Information collected from students and candidates may include Registration Information, Billing Information, Account Settings, Program Documents, and other information you may intentionally share. Each student and candidate must create a BGV account before using those services specific to students and candidates. In order to register, you must provide a username, password and email address (Registration Information). If you choose to register by using a third party account such as Google® or Facebook®, please also see “Information Collected from Third Parties” below. If you make a payment to BGV, you must also provide billing information such as a name, address, email address, and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (Billing Information). After creating an account, you can then set various preferences and provide additional personal information on various pages of the Site (Account Settings). Any applications submitted by a candidate, including attachments thereto, and all homework assignments and associated documents submitted by a student will also be collected and stored by BGV for your benefit (“Program Documents”). Finally, we may also collect other information which you intentionally share with us from time to time, such as testimonials and reviews. If any of your personal information changes, you may update it at any time.
b) Volunteers and Employees. Personal Information collected from volunteers and employees may include Registration Information, Account Settings, and other information you may intentionally share. Each volunteer and employee must create a BGV account before using those services specific to volunteers and employees. In order to register, you must provide a username, password and email address (Registration Information). If you choose to register by using a third party account such as Google® or Facebook®, please also see “Information Collected from Third Parties” below. After creating an account, you can then set various preferences and provide additional personal information on various pages of the Site (Account Settings). Finally, we may also collect other information which you intentionally share with us from time to time, such as testimonials and reviews. If any of your personal information changes, you may update it at any time.
c) Visitors. Visitors do not need to create an account in order to access the Site, but will not have access to those Services provided by the Site which require an account. No Personal Information will be collected from visitors, though we may collect other information which you intentionally share with us from time to time.
2) Information Automatically Collected by the Site. Our servers may automatically collect certain aggregated, non-personal indentifying information when you visit the Site, such as your computer’s IP address, the number of users clicking on a particular link or service, the type of browser in use, the pages viewed, and any external source referring you to the Site (such as a link on another website or in an email). This information is used to understand how users navigate the Site in order to enhance your experience when using it. We do not link this information to any information that may personally identify you, nor will we make any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information available to any third party, whether for advertising, marketing, or other purposes.
3) Information Collected from Third Parties. We may also collect Personal Information or other data of candidates, students, volunteers and employees from third parties, but only if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us. As an example, if you have registered for the Site using your Facebook® account, the authentication of your login details are provided by Facebook® and BGV only collects information about your Facebook® account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your BGV account to be linked to your Facebook® account.
B. How do we use your information?
2) Personal Information. We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to any third parties. Personal Information will only be used:
- To provide you with the Services and to customize them to your needs
- To facilitate account creation
- To monitor and improve the Services and features
- To analyze your use of the Site and improve the Services
- To deliver communications to you relevant to your use of the Services
- To fulfill your requests for products and Services
- To enforce the Company’s Terms and Conditions of Use
- To prevent potentially illegal activities
- To screen for undesirable or abusive activity
- To create new Services, features or content
- To our service providers, to provide the Services
- To your billing contact, if your (account holder’s) details are different than the billing contact listed for your account
- To third parties as anonymous, aggregated information, to improve and promote our Services
- If required to do so by law
- In connection with the merger, sale or acquisition of the Company, to the other party in connection with such transfer
- Information you expressly consent to be shared
D. Your Rights to Your Personal Information.
1) Program Documents. You have the ability to export, share and publish your Program Documents in a variety of formats. You may delete your Program Documents, but they will not be permanently deleted immediately. To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete your Program Documents if you request to cancel or delete your account, which you can do by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deleting your account will cause all Program Documents in your account to be permanently deleted, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to the Services.
2) Personal Information. You can update your Personal Information at any time on the Site. We will respond to any requests to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. Any such requests should be made by contacting us at email@example.com and will be promptly fulfilled, unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required by law to be retained.
E. How Long is your Information Retained? Generally, your Personal Information is retained for as long as you have an account with us, or for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce our agreements. However, data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on backup servers or other media.
Providing security for the Personal Information you submit on the Site is one of the Company’s top priorities, and it takes commercially reasonable measures to protect against the unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of such information. Students, candidates, employees and volunteers are required to create a unique username and password that must be entered each time he or she logs on to the Site. Session cookies are then issued only to record encrypted authentication information for the duration of the user’s specific session. The session cookies do not include the user’s username or password.
When a user accesses secured areas of the Site, Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology protects their information using both server authentication and data encryption to ensure that data is safe, secure, and only available to authorized users. All passwords and credit card information are transferred via encrypted SSL connections.
It is important to understand that the security precautions taken by the Company apply only to the Site, and that the Company exercises no control over how your information is stored or maintained by third party sites. Also be aware that, while all appropriate measures are taken by the Company to ensure the safety and security of the information you submit via the Site, no guarantee can be made that information transmitted via the Internet will be entirely secure. Caution should always be used when submitting personal information online. The Company takes commercially reasonable steps to provide security for your information once it has received it.
3. Links to Other Sites
4. Posting Content to the Site
Certain areas of the Site allow users to post messages which can be seen by other users. If you post any content to the Site, any information submitted can be read, collected or used by other users and can possibly by used to send unsolicited messages to you. The Company is not responsible for the Personal Information you voluntarily choose to post to the Site.
6. Safety of Minors
The Services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. A “minor” is defined as an individual under the age of majority in his/her place of residence. The Company does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register for an account. If it comes to the Company’s attention that information has been collected from a minor or that a minor has registered an account, such data and account will be deleted without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. English Version Controls
8. HOW TO CONTACT US